Games, Guns, Gazongas

Ah yes, and all the other things that make life worth living.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

People Are Strange. . . or sometimes, downright stupid

Things are finally starting to look up. I'm getting into my stride at work, this month I'll be all caught up on bills and such and be over the pay I lost when I left KPI, I've been exercising regularly, I'm making changes in my house -- for a change, and I just found a great place to practice Japanese. All good stuff! Oh, details. . . fine, fine.

Work at LSC is going great. I still have tons of things to learn, but I'm slowly putting together all the pieces, so I can be an effective designer. If I do something the right way twice, I can do it the right way 10,000 times again. The work atmosphere there is just great, too. I haven't met a single person so far with whom I don't get along. I'm used to coming in, putting my head in front of my computer, and just counting the hours until I leave. . . now I get to say 'good morning' to several other people, who actually mean it when they ask "how are ya?". I just wish I had left KPI ten months earlier.

Gotta watch it with the money. If I behave, and not buy any stupid shit this month and next month, I'll be all caught up with the house bills. I'll be caught up with my personal bills by December. Then I can start making my credit balance go down! HA HA, TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING BALANCE! Ahem. Losing $450 when I left KPI was quite a shock, and it was three or four very hard weeks, where I was eating ramen both meals each day (yes, both), and counting the miles on my odometer, and figuring out exactly how far I could afford to drive. . . a situation that made me miss a friend's (?) yard sale and such. But I'll be back in the black soon enough.

Chris and I have been using the weight room in his apartment complex for the last three weeks. I think this may be the second-longest string of weeks that I've managed to stick to a routine. I'm already feeling the results. . . and I'm hovering around 222 pounds. Sweet! I'll know I'm doing something right when that number starts to creep back up. That will mean that I'm starting to replace some fat with muscle (like the big lump of it in my skull, har har). I'm past my prime building years. . . but I still have untapped potential. Like an electron cloud, I am!

I've been cleaning up in my house. Well, really, just my room for starters. But I've made some very good progress. I made some tough decisions, and got rid of things that were junk, and in a couple of cases, things that just weren't ever going to be used and were taking up space. Soon, I get to make those types of decisions for my mom. . . she has tons and tons and TONS of things that she will never use, she just can't admit that to herself. So, I will make that decision for her. And she is going to hate every single second of it. GASP, someone actually telling her what she can and can't have? Why, the very notion is more horrible than using kittens for rocket fuel! But I'm sure that once I'm done, she might decide that having clean space so she can use some of her things, will be worth getting rid of the trash.

Last winter, there was an unsuccessful attempt to have a Japanese Language meetup. I just found one that was much more successful! A very sweet lady that lives nearby teaches japanese lessons in her home, and she does a wonderful job of it. I just went to my first session tonight, and I want to have many many more sessions! Fantastic teacher, and a great group to study with -- it's exactly what I have wanted for years. . . . so, chris / joe. . . when do we start doing some japanese?

Some people don't handle stress well at all. Some people decide that if they are in a bad mood, everyone around them should instinctively know exactly what you are "allowed" to say to them. Some people have a very, very bad habit of reacting to every little thing, no matter how harmless, with a blast of shit. Even if someone didn't act in the wisest manner, given the high stress load of some people, there are more intelligent and humane ways to deal with someone than instant, blind, raw anger. Well. . . if some people expect others to take their behavior seriously, they need to draft a detailed document titled "How To Co-Exist With Some People", and distribute it to everyone they know. . . or at least set up some traffic cones around them when they aren't happy. Some people need the traffic cones 10 months out of the year.

Some people also took a symbolic knife, representing every nice thing ever done for them by someone, and stabbed it in someone's back, when they said those nice things were done ". . .just to get into some people's pants."

It is curious why someone would continue to do nice things for some people, after such coldhearted slander. Anyone who knows someone, is aware that the "pants" theory is complete and utter HORSE SHIT. It is very possible that someone still harbors some strong resentment over this horrible statement.

In brief -- Some people need to chill the fuck out. But then, so does someone.

OK, this may or may not be the most retarded thing I've ever written. Nominations?

Incidentally. . . someone hopes that some people will still consider them a friend, once they do eventually chill the fuck out. So important it needs to be in bold, twice.

AUSA coming up next month, woo hoo! Not teaching Mah Jongg this year, but it will be a good break from everything.

Yawn. Need sleep, gotta work tomorrow. Oyasumi Nasai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home